NEW YEAR'S DAY


Romantic comedies are such a guilty pleasure, especially during cold, wet and rainy days like this one. It seems as though I've been seeking light-hearted films lately, especially when I'm delving into deeply intellectual novels like 1Q84. I seem to be digressing from my point. 

One of my colleagues at work said that it's difficult to find something completely original in the Hollywood scene. I'll have to agree. Love Actually was one of the original fore-runners of this particular style of film. Incorporate a lot of characters with inter-mingled plots, lots of big acting names and relationships plus add a holiday- the end result is simple. You get films like Valentine's Day and New Year's Eve in the mix. 

Honestly, I was quite critical of Valentine's Day when I first watched it in the theatres. I thought they were trying to provide an American twist to the British Love Actually. The latest addition to such holiday films, entitled New Year's Eve seems promising. Another American film with plenty of big names littered in its storyline. 

The film comes out in Australian theatres on the 8th of December. I guess that I'll give my assessment then. I might be tempted to watch a certain film about a girl who has to choose between a vampire and a werewolf while waiting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog. Please feel free to leave comments and to follow.