1Q84

So a couple of posts ago, I mentioned how I was reading The Devil Wears Prada. I've decided to put it on hold (yet again) as I had been utterly intrigued by the newest addition to Haruki Murakami's repertoire.

Murakami is one of my favourite authors to date. He has written best sellers like 『ノルウェーの森』(Norwegian Wood) and Dance, Dance, Dance. my favourite Murakami novel is the former.


1Q84 looks like a promising read. I've only just started it. Three chapters in, I know that I'm hooked. I'll give my assessment of it when I finish. So far, it's been a very interesting journey. Like One Day, it reads a bit like a screenplay. Either that, or I just happen to have an overactive imagination.

You can purchase 1Q84 at any good bookstore. Sydney's Kinokuniya offers a special price. The RRP is $39.95, but there you can get it for just $29.95. I think it's a pretty good price- I mean, you happen to get BOOK ONE, BOOK TWO and BOOK THREE of 1Q84 in one nice little hard-bound package.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog. Please feel free to leave comments and to follow.