AN UPDATE ON MY PROGRESS: 1Q84

At the moment, I am reading Haruki Murakami's 1Q84. I've had mixed emotions about my skills as a speed-reader. Even though I want to read the book from cover to cover, I'm biding my time. It's just an amazing read.

The characterisation is exactly how I expected it. The protagonists seem alive, especially since each of them have their own little quirks and skeletons in closets. The main thing about his characters that is quite fascinating as well is their openness to sexuality. Murakami fleshes this out in such detail.

Unlike Dance, Dance, Dance, the plot is much easier to follow. Each chapter resembled a scene from a film. There were also smaller nuances in the story that revealed themselves in each page.

I'm a third into the book. It's an amazing story so far.

1 comment:

  1. Why hello miss Cara! I figured it out ;) Love that you've started a blog, keep it coming lovey! Adore it!

    Following you OF COURSE!!

    xx
    Couture Caddy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog. Please feel free to leave comments and to follow.